Innovation is at the heart of our SmartRail Community from our global event series’ to our web portal, news service and social media. And for us it takes many forms. It doesn’t necessarily have to be ground-breaking or world-changing (though we like those too!) but it does have to be something new, different, better or smarter that will definitely make a positive difference for the rail and metro industry.
And to support and promote innovation, we are proud to announce the launch of the 3rd Annual SmartRail World Innovation Awards. Bigger and better than our the previous editions and now welcoming entries from all over the world, enter the Awards if you have a new, innovative product, service or way of working and you want to tell the world.
The 2018 awards categories.
We have four separate awards. Size isn’t important, you could be a one-person start-up, a railway, metro or a global multi-national. Innovation is the key.
Operational Performance Innovation of the year. Have you got a technology that is improving the operational performance of a rail network? Perhaps it’s a tool for predictive maintenance or condition based monitoring. An improved piece of signalling and train control technology. Or a next generation communication network. Maybe it’s a new way of capturing or analysing key data. If your product improves the efficiency and management of a rail or metro network, we want to hear from you. Open for solutions providers (hardware or software) → Enter here.
Passenger Innovation of the Year. The demands of the passenger are changing, and keeping pace with the change is a challenge for rail and metro operators. But with challenge comes great opportunity from smart ticketing to on-board Wi-Fi and entertainment through to station innovations and overall passenger experience. Do you have a technology that helps improve the passenger experience? Or increases revenue opportunities for the operator? Open for solutions providers (hardware or software) → Enter here.
·Project of the Year. Recognizes new developments and ways of thinking in improving and increasing efficiency in rail and metro project delivery and management. With a particular focus on projects that have helped deliver a safer, more reliable network, increased capacity, boosted ridership or improved passenger experience. We welcome entrants from public transport agencies, rail operators as well as solutions providers. Open for rail and metro operators. → Enter here.
- SmartRail World Story of the Year 2018 - our online vote for you, our community.
Which do you think has been the most important? Read the story here and vote below.
· The product or project must have been deployed in the past 12 months within a public transport setting anywhere in the world (proof may be requested and must be provided if requested).
· Only one entry per company per award.
· The judges decision is final
What do I get if I win?
Winning a SmartRail Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in transit innovation. In addition you receive…
· Media coverage on all SmartRail platforms.
· Exclusive editorial feature on SmartRail World.
· Promotion to the SmartRail World community of over 50,000 rail professionals.
· Presentation of Award at SmartRail 2018 (Amsterdam, Netherlands, 17th – 18th April )
· Promotion of winning entry at SmartRail 2018 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an attended by 100s of others rail and metro leaders from across Europe and beyond.
· Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
· Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
How does the process work?
· For the Operational Performance Innovation / Passenger Innovation of the Year / Project of the Year awards, send an abstract about the innovation (500 words maximum) and please include any relevant supporting images or videos that you think would support the entry.
· For the Public Transport App of the Year, send an abstract about the app (500 words maximum) plus a link as to where the app can be downloaded. A panel of SmartRail World editorial team and transport users will select the winner.
· For the Digital Rail Innovator of the Year award, please write a short proposal (500 words maximum) stating why this individual deserves nomination and their activities in the European rail market. Once the entry period is closed, a shortlist is made and our judging panel vote on the winner.
· All entries will be thoroughly and independently reviewed.
· Send all entries to Luke@SmartRailWorld.com with the subject line marked "SmartRail Awards..."
· Winners will be selected by our international jury of independent industry experts (announced shortly).
· The judges decision is final, and no individual feedback is available.
- We open the Awards on Tuesday 1st March 2018
- All entries must submitted by 5pm (GMT) Friday March 23rd 2018
- Shortlist announced Monday 2nd April 2018
- Awards will be announced in a ceremony at SmartRail on 17th April 2018 in Amsterdam.
Contact Luke@SmartRailWorld.com or call + 44 (0) 20 7045 0900.